Before you start searching for an online store to buy a Smith and Wesson M&P9, you might want to check out this quick review. With the many brands of hand guns available in the market today, it is best to choose the best one that fits you right. In this Smith and Wesson MP9 review we are going to tackle the basics like specifications, features, advantages and cons.
- SRP Price: $449
- Caliber: 9mm
- Magazine: 7 and 8 maximum rounds
- Weight When Empty: 19 ounces
- Action: Striker Fired
- Sights: Three dots made of stainless steel
- Overall length: 6.1 inches
- Barrel Length: 3.1 inches
- Finish: Melonite Black
- Materials: Polymer frame, stainless steel slide and barrel
The price varies depending on the store and the shipment. When purchasing, make sure to check the credibility of the online gun store you wish to place your orders with.
Although it’s one of the smallest of the M and P series, it sure has the flourishes and ruffles that the big ones have. It is also trimmed down so that it fits just right for weaker cartridges like the .380.
- Load recoil is very manageable even with +P loads
- It is very accurate up to 25 yards.
- Smooth shooter
- Action cycle is smooth
- The trigger pull is about 7 pounds which is not an issue to most shooters.
- Does not have any hiccups like a stovepipe, FTF or FTE.
- The short placement is accurate even if you use 50 rounds of 124grs FMJ PMC brass and 50 rounds of 115grs FMJ Federal.
The Cons and Conclusion
Honestly, there is not one remorse to recommend except that it’s quite rare to find. It is simple, accurate and easy to maintain. It is definitely ideal for anyone especially beginners.a